Facts at a glance
University of Sydney is the oldest University in Australia founded in 1850 with a vast student exchange program with over 300 universities around the world. As Covid-19 hit Australia and the rest of the world many students were unable to return to campus to continue their studies due to closed borders and "stay at home" orders.
- Quickly develop and deploy an online learning environment for students who were unable to return to campus locations to study.
- Providing a set of highly responsive, flexible, robust, and scalable tools that are natural to use.
- Provide the user base with tools that encourage innovation, without being prescriptive in their use.
- Establishing and maintaining business partnerships that enable the exchange of innovative ideas.
- A solution for an online learning environment, designed, implemented, tested and deployed within 7 days.
- More than 100 course-specific applications and SaaS apps that students can access regardless of the type of device or location.
- Citrix solution makes it easier than ever before to onboard students and faculty.
- Enables students to work from anywhere, on any device, at any time and provides remote PC access.
- Computers can be configured from a single image in minutes, enabling virtual access to software.
- Data security is enhanced by keeping data only in the data center while embedded security means access is strongly controlled and user context is governed by policies set by the IT team.
Through Insight’s Supply Chain Optimisation, We help you invest smarter. We deliver what you need, however you need it. Through our broad portfolio, industry expertise and deep partner relationships, we help you maximize resources and do more today so you can invest in the future.
University of Sydney is the oldest University in Australia founded in 1850 with a student exchange program with over 300 universities around the world. Over 12,000 student from overseas. #2 Best Global Universities in ANZ.
As the Covid-19 pandemic hit Australia and the rest of the world many students from The University of Sydney were unable to return to campus to continue their studies due to closed international borders and "stay at home" orders. The University of Sydney worked closely with their IT partner of choice - Insight Enterprises Australia, to help provide a solution for an online learning environment, designed, implemented, tested and deployed within 7 days! Leveraging strategic partnerships Insight engaged Citrix to develop the solution.
The idea was to address the immediate challenge first: to build capabilities for students, followed by providing tools for staff and faculty. The team’s goal was to provide a range of agile tools, while avoiding being prescriptive as to how those tools should be used. This would ultimately enable greater innovation. “We wanted to provide a secure, high-quality student experience by supporting the diverse ways in which different individuals consume information,” Jordan says.
The University of Sydney IT team has realised a number of benefits from the new solution: